Help with enforcing child support orders and agreements

On Behalf of | Mar 28, 2019 | Child Support, Firm News |

Raising a child is an incredibly expensive process. Florida parents may struggle to keep their kids in clothing that fits, full of healthy food, and engaged in activities that are both entertaining and educational. Providing a child with what they need can be hard for two parents working together in a single household, and it can be very difficult for a single parent to manage all of their child’s costs and expenses on their own.

Parents who are no longer involved with their children’s other parents can seek child support from those responsible adults. Generally a noncustodial parent will pay child support to the custodial parent for the benefit of their shared child, but the custodial parent is also expected to provide financial support for the benefit of their kid. Therefore, a child is given financial help from both parents, regardless of the nature of those grown-ups’ relationship.

A custodial parent may find, though, that they are shouldering more of their child’s expenses when the noncustodial parent falls behind on their child support payments. When a parent obligated to pay support stops or fails to send enough money, the child’s custodial parent may initiate enforcement efforts to have those delinquencies addressed. The state of Florida recognizes different methods of enforcing child support agreements and orders for the benefit of the children who deserve financial help from their parents.

Winters, Spires & Associates is a family law firm located in Okaloosa. Its attorneys understand the important role that child support plays in the life of a child and its necessity to ensure that they have what they need to survive. Parents who wish to pursue child support enforcement efforts are invited to contact the firm to learn more about their legal options.

Practice Areas

Florida Family Law

Real Estate &



Debt &

How Can We Help You?