Circumstances Change: Assisting With Modifications To Existing Orders


Sometimes, circumstances change substantially and an original custody or child support order should be revisited and amended. In these cases, you need a lawyer on your side to argue whether a petition to change an existing order should be granted or blocked.

At Winter Spires & Associates, P.A.​, we handle child custody and child support modifications with skill and an eye toward seeking an outcome that is in the best interest of the children involved. Come talk to us about your situation and needs. Schedule a consultation at our Destin or Marianna offices today.

Our Florida family law attorney will listen to your concerns and present you with the appropriate options. A change in child support, custody or visitation usually comes about because of a:

  • Job loss or change in employment
  • An illness that drains time and resources
  • A relocation petition
  • One parent being deployed
  • One or both parents remarrying

Whether you want to block or petition for a modification, you will have to show the court that there has been a substantial change in circumstances that warrants the request. We will advocate on your behalf to show the court that this change may or may not be necessary.

Contact Us Today For Experienced Representation

Contact us today to learn more during a consultation by calling 850-502-2241. We also offer phone consultations for military personnel and others located outside of the jurisdiction. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. We have offices in Destin and Marianna. We also accept all major credit cards, and we work with many employers’ legal insurance programs.

Practice Areas

Florida Family Law

Real Estate &



Debt &

How Can We Help You?